J. Crispin Clarke
Crispin Clarke joined Ford + Bergner in 2020. Mr. Clarke is a native Houstonian and earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Houston Law Center.
While pursuing his law degree, Mr. Clarke developed a strong interest in the subject area of probate, trust, estate, and guardianship law. Mr. Clarke showed success in the area through grades, honors and awards, and publication in the section area’s quarterly journal of the State Bar of Texas; he also served as a judicial intern in Harris County Probate Court Number Three (3).
Both during and after law school, Mr. Clarke worked for a probate litigation firm in Houston where he represented guardians, trustees, administrators, beneficiaries, and executors of estates in administrative matters and fiduciary litigation matters. He also counseled and represented individuals on matters involving financial planning and planning for the disposition of assets at death.
Mr. Clarke continues to handle administrative and estate planning matters at Ford + Bergner and caters to a diverse base of clients in both the Greater Houston area and throughout the State of Texas.
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- Juris Doctorate – 2016
- University of Texas Austin
- Bachelor of Arts with Honors in History, University of Texas at Austin, 2012
- Bachelor of Arts with Special Honors in Humanities, University of Texas at Austin, 2011
- Estate Planning
- State Bar of Texas, Guardian Ad Litem Certification, April 2019
- State Bar of Texas: Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law, Litigation and Tax Sections, Member
- Houston Bar Association: Probate, Trust, and Estate, Litigation and Tax Sections, Member
- Disability and Elder Law Attorneys Association, Member
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas, 2016
- Fiduciary Duties in Limited Partnerships, 42nd Annual Advanced Estate Planning & Probate Course, State Bar of Texas, 2018
- Privilege Issues for Estate Planners and Probate Practitioners, 28th Annual Estate Planning & Probate Drafting Course, State Bar of Texas, 2017
- Estate Planning and Probate for the Hispanic Community: A Growing Need for Legal Services and an Opportunity for Practitioners, Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Reporter, Volume 55, No. 1, November 2016
- Modification of Guardianships, Guardianship Ad Litem in Probate Court Institute, Harris County Jury Plaza, 2015
- Practical Aspects of Guardianship Law, Guardian and Attorney Ad Litem Certification Course, South Texas College of Law, 2014
- Houston Bar Association, Probate, Trusts, and Estates Section Award, 2016
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Section Student Writing Contest Award, Third Place, 2016