Selina A. Contreras
Ms. Contreras joined Ford + Bergner in 2023 to represent clients in Estate, Trust and Guardianship litigation.
Before shifting her practice to Estate, Trust and Guardianship litigation, Ms. Contreras represented companies and individuals in a wide range of litigation matters including commercial trucking and transportation, oil field services, products liability, personal injury, insurance coverage, and contract disputes. MS. Contreras relies on her prior legal experience to understand opposing counsel's approach to litigation and trial strategy. Her experience includes developing litigation strategy, conducting and defending depositions, developing dispositive motions, advocacy in pre-trial matters, representing clients at mediation and advocacy in trials. Ms. Contreras is a graduate of South Texas College of Law Houston, where she consistently made the Dean's List and received a CALI Award for Civil Trial Advocacy.
Outside of work, Ms. Contreras enjoys staying active, and spending lots of time outdoors with her husband and their two children.
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2016
- University of St. Thomas , Houston, Texas
- B.A. - 2012
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association of Houston
- Mexican-American Bar Association of Houston
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Texas, 2016
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- CALI Award Recipient, Civil Trial Advocacy
Fraternities and Sororities
- Pi Sigma Alpha
Current Employment Position