Samuel M. Hodges
Samuel M. Hodges joined Ford + Bergner LLP in 2019 where his practice entails the areas of probate litigation, guardianship litigation, estate planning, and asset protection. Mr. Hodges approaches each issue with a holistic view and business mind set throughout the course of representation. His background as a life-long cattle producer and experience in the oil and gas industry have equipped him with a distinct aptitude to serve clients with diversified estates.
Throughout his time at Texas A&M University, Mr. Hodges was actively involved in student affairs, serving in elected and appointed positions in the Student Government Association and two terms as Chairman of the Student Conference on National Affairs (SCONA) in the Memorial Student Center. Sam also served in leadership positions in the Texas A&M University Corps of Cadets as a member of Company E-1 and the Cadet Leadership Council. He also his Bachelors in Political Science, Minor in History, and a Certificate in Leadership Studies and Development from the Corps of Cadets Leadership Excellence Program in 2013.
He later earned his Juris Doctorate from South Texas College of Law in Houston, taking full advantage of South Texas' hands-on and litigation-focused approach in both Oil and Gas and Wills, Trusts and Estates course work. Prior to Ford + Bergner, Mr. Hodges worked for a mid-sized independent oil and gas exploration and production company with heavy U.S. onshore and international offshore portfolios.
Sam is a cattle enthusiast and maintains active herds of registered Simmental and Simbrah with his family in northeast Texas in his hometown of De Kalb and east of Austin in Giddings, utilizing embryo transplant and in vitro fertilization practices. He stays involved with his breeds' organizations as a Board member of both the Texas Simmental/Simbrah Association and the Simbrah Breeders Council.
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- J.D., Areas of Concentration: Oil, Gas, & Mineral Law - 2017
- Honors: Harry L. Reid Oil & Gas Law Institute Certificate in International Petroleum Transactions
- Texas A&M University
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 2013
- Honors: Corps of Cadets Leadership Excellence Program
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: History
- Estate Planning
- Fiduciary Litigation
- Probate Litigation
- Probate & Guardianship Administration
- American Simmental Association
- Attorneys in Tax and Probate
- Institute for Energy Law
- Simbrah Cattle Breeders Council, Board of Directors, Treasurer
- Texas Simmental/Simbrah Cattle Association, Board of Directors, Secretary
- Young Energy Professionals
- Houston Bar Association, Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section and Probate, Trusts & Estates Section
- Texas, 2017
Classes & Seminars
- Chairman of the Student Conference on National Affairs (SCONA) in the Memorial Student Center