Zachary A. Copp joined Ford + Bergner LLP in January 2013 after having worked closely with the Firm on several previous matters. Mr. Copp brings substantial experience in real estate, business, and estate matters, which he utilizes for Ford + Bergner Clients in the context of complex trust, estate, and guardianship matters.
Mr. Copp graduated from University of Texas in Austin with a degree in Economics in 2000. He immediately went into law school, and graduated from South Texas College of Law in 2003. He began his career in Austin as an Associate Attorney for the Firm Kiester, Lockwood & Babb, LLP, where he focused on business formations, creditor's rights, debt collection, and construction law. From there, he joined the multistate Firm of Butler & Hosch, PA in 2005, where he served as the Lead Texas Attorney and completed thousands of foreclosures on behalf of national banks and lending institutions.
In 2008, Mr. Copp started the Copp Law Firm, focusing primarily on real estate, probate, and business law. In addition to his responsibilities with Ford + Bergner, Mr. Copp continues working with real estate and business clients when those needs arise.
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- The University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. - 2000
- Major: Economics
- Uncontested Probate
- Estate Administration
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate
- Business Formation
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association, Real Property Law Section, 2005
- Texas Association of Business Brokers, 2005
- Texas, 2004
- The Curtis Law Firm, PC, Of Counsel, 2009
- Kiester, Lockwood & Babb, LLP, Associate Attorney
- Butler & Hosch, PA, Lead Texas Attorney, 2005
- Copp Law Firm, 2008
- Home Equity Foreclosures in Texas, Texas Mortgage Bankers Association, March, 2007