Marcus W. Waters (“Marc”) is Counsel with Ford + Bergner and focuses his practice in Estate, Trust, and Guardianship Litigation as well as general business and corporate matters. After graduating from law school, Mr. Waters has litigated cases in state and federal courts across Texas for the last twenty years.
Mr. Waters grew up in Central Texas and graduated from Baylor University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. He has lived and worked in Houston since graduation from the University of Houston Law Center in 1998. Before joining Ford + Bergner, Mr. Waters’ practice focused on high exposure cases for Fortune 50 companies, municipalities, and individuals in litigation involving oilfield services, offshore platforms, premises liability, products liability, and commercial disputes. For the last twenty years, Mr. Waters has effectively navigated matters through pre-litigation, discovery, mediation, and trial. Mr. Waters is licensed in all Texas state and federal courts, and he has tried a variety of cases as first and second chair throughout Texas. Mr. Waters enjoys working with his clients on an early assessment of their matters to ensure both favorable and cost effective results.
Mr. Waters has achieved Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating for legal ability and professional ethics, AV Preeminent®, as reflected by the opinions of his peers and members of the judiciary. He has also been listed among America’s Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators® in 2019 and 2020.
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- Juris Doctor - 1998
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- Bachelor of Arts - 1994
- Major: Political Science
- Estate, Trust, and Guardianship Litigation
- General Business and Corporate Law
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Houston Bar Association, member of Litigation Section
- Texas, 1998
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- Henderson v. Black Elk Energy Offshore Operations, LLC, CV H-15-1024, 2018 WL 2100326 (S.D. Tex. May 7, 2018)
- Henderson v. Black Elk Energy Offshore Operations, L.L.C., 18-20482, 2019 WL 3819319, at *1 (5th Cir. Aug. 14, 2019)
- City of Houston v. Gov't Emp. Ins. Co., No. 01-1 1-00877-CV, 2012 WL 6097453, at *2 (Tex. App.-Houston [1st Dist.] Dec. 6, 2012) (mem. op.)
- Sanders v. Naes Central, Inc., 498 S.W.3d 256 (Tex. App. Houston 1st Dist. 2016), reh'g overruled, (July 28, 2016)
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
- Listed among America’s Top Civil Defense Litigators in 2019 and 2020